GARDEN CENTER SALES & CUSTOMER SERVICE
General Responsibilities: This individual is responsible for assisting the garden center manager, production manager, nursery manager, or landscape foremen as needed. The position requires an excellent work ethic and a willingness to work outdoors in all types of weather. Following is a partial list of abilities and responsibilities required:
- Greet all customers all the time. Make them feel important!
- Enough horticultural knowledge to professionally represent The Mustard Seed and our products.
- A friendly, outgoing, helpful personality.
- A true ability and desire to meet the clients wants and needs.
- The ability to up-sell our clients and sell tie-in items.
- Responsible for potting, pruning, maintaining, watering, merchandising, and selling garden center plants, merchandise, and materials.
- Unloading and displaying all plant material shipments including, perennials, bare-root, potted, and B&B trees and shrubs.
- Willing to take directions from a variety of supervisors.
- Responsible for all assigned tasks in nursery, garden center, and/or job site.
- Required to carry a pocketknife and hand pruner at all times.
- Willing and able to drive Bobcats and load client’s vehicle without assistance or damage occurring.
- Required to work all weekends unless previously requested and approved in writing by supervisor.