OFFICE MANAGER AND/OR RECEPTIONIST
General Qualifications: This individual must have a pleasant personality and a genuine desire to help other people. Excellent communication skills are integral to this position. Computer and data entry experience as well as phone skills, including voice-mail and multiple lines, are mandatory. Ability to work variable hours and for multiple supervisors is helpful. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answering all incoming lines and handling questions, forwarding to proper individual, transferring to voice-mail, or taking written messages.
- Cleaning the office on a regular basis including vacuuming, dusting, cleaning restrooms and kitchen, etc…
- Typing delivery/work orders, estimates, contracts, business letters, memos, mailing labels, etc…
- Proficient with Quick Books POS, Word, Excel and other Office programs.
- Organization of office, filing systems, records, etc…
- Filling out lead slips and assigning to designers.
- Sending designer profiles to prospective clients.
- Complete tracking of clients from initial lead through completion of project.
- Any bookkeeping and billing as required.
- Preparation and filing of all advertising related items including proofs, display ads, schedule of ads updated to the staff, etc…
- Complete responsibility for organizing and purchasing office and business related items including contract forms, mailing labels, letterhead, envelopes, writing utensils, copy/fax paper, signage & tags for the garden center, etc…
- Computer data entry including purchase orders, receiving’s, bar codes, price book, inventory, and updates as needed.Working with all other managers, in any capacity, to facilitate and help them lighten their workload and responsibilities.
- Willingness to put in whatever effort is required to complete any and all assigned tasks.
- Enforcement of the company’s policies and manual.
- REMEMBER! HELPING CUSTOMERS GETS TOP PRIORITY OVER ANY OTHER JOB ASSIGNMENTS!
- LEARN ABOUT THE PRODUCTS YOU SELL!
- How? Read Perennial, Tree & Shrub, and Annual books, products labels, and ask a supervisor!