· Never operate gator without being properly trained first.
· Slow down! We have lots of customers and vehicles that aren’t expecting a small moving vehicle moving around behind them.
· Watch for people and especially children when driving through the parking lot or display areas that may move suddenly into your path of operation.
· Always close and latch tail gate.
· Always drive slowly when turning and going around corners.
· Always back in and park when returning gator to the front of office.
· Always engage parking break when parked or stopping and getting off machine.
· Riders should always be seated in seats or seated in back.
· Report any unsafe operation to your manager.
· Walk around the machine before you get on. Look for debris or objects around, in front or behind the gator that may get ran over if driven.
· If you are the first person to drive in the morning check oil.
· Check all tires for air by kicking them with your toes. They should feel firm when you kick them.
· Do a quick check for fuel by lifting the driver’s seat to check fuel gauge.
· During weather below freezing park inside.
· Always use glow plugs (indicator light on dash) when starting in cold weather.
· Shift lever must be in Neutral position to start.
· During colder weather let engine warm up before driving.
· Always let engine come back to normal idle before engaging shifter into gear.
· Always depress brake with foot and then release the barking brake lever by pulling up and depressing button.
· Always return engine to idle before shifting into gear.
· Always use a quick constant movement to shift into gear with engine at idle.
· Be Safe!